For Residents: How to get tested for COVID-19
**Please Note: The City of Atlanta does not independently conduct or control COVID-19 testing but is providing the following information with our community.
Drive-Thru Testing Sites
Site: Georgia Tech – Managed by CVS
The process will take approximately 30 minutes from specimen collection to delivery of results, and patients need to pre-register in advance for an appointment.
To learn more about test site locations, hours, and registration requirements, please visit https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing .
Site: Mercedes Benz Stadium - Home Depot Backyard – Managed by the Blank Foundation and CORE
(Opening Thursday, April 30, 2020). *This site is temporarily closed
Pre-register in advance for an appointment. Please register here and follow the instructions below:
- Fill out biographical data and hit “Submit”
- Answers several screening questions and hit “Submit”
- Receive a text and an email with a custom link to schedule an appointment.
- Click the custom link, select a location, and select a time.
- Receive a text and an email confirming the appointment and providing a Confirmation Code. The code is critical for the user when they show up for the appointment.
**Mobile Testing / Walk-Up Testing is also available at this site.
Site: Peachtree Immediate Care - North Decatur
Peachtree Immediate Care
1829 Lawrenceville Highway,
Decatur, GA 30033
9:00am-5:00pm on weekends
TEST SITE DETAILS
- The COVID-19 test is a molecular PCR test which is reported to have a 99.6% accuracy rate (the highest in the industry). The test is able to detect virus before symptoms start and 14-21 days after symptoms end.
- In addition to the test for COVID-19, the providers and staff at the site do a limited review of health history, check basic vitals such as oxygen levels, and listen to the hearts and lungs.
- For the safety of patients and staff the testing center is drive-thru only.
- Test results typically takes 48-72 hours.
- On-site testing is available for assisted living, employers, and other large institutions.
- No appointments or referrals required
- Both the testing and evaluation are covered by most insurance, and no copay is required.
- Testing open to both patients with symptoms as well as those who are simply worried that they have been exposed to the virus.
For more information about this COVID testing sites, or to preregister online, please visit https://www.peachtreemed.com/reg2/.
Mobile Unit Testing / Walk-Up Sites
Managed by the Fulton County Board of Health
To register in advance call the Fulton County Board of Health at 404-613-8150.
Registration is also available on-site and site locations will be updated on a weekly basis.
These sites are intended to be walk-up sites for the community and surrounding area, parking will be limited.
A comprehensive list of mobile/walk-up testing sites can be found here. *Please note: These sites are updated on a weekly basis.
CORE (Community-Based Organization) Testing Sites
CORE is providing free COVID-19 testing in select locations throughout Georgia. Testing is available to anyone, with or without symptoms. Locations for their mobile testing sites change weekly, so please visit their website for this week’s locations. They welcome walk-ins and encourage individuals to visit the local test site to register for testing.
For Providers: How to request a test for your patient
The Georgia Department of Public Health (DPH) uses a new online testing request system to streamline COVID-19 testing. Due to testing capacity, DPH is only able to test patients meeting certain criteria. Testing for patients with mild respiratory illness should be performed through a commercial laboratory.
Other Information Related to Screening and Testing
- CDC Self-Checker https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html#
- Georgia Department of Health: 844-442-2681
- Fulton County Board of Health: 404-613-8150
- DeKalb County Board of Health: 404-294-3700, Press 1 for COVID-19 related matters. After hours, call 1-844-442-2681.
- Comprehensive List of Testing Sites Statewide.